Campbell Lodge provides a safe environment,
with predictable routines, a problem-solving and solution-focused style
of discipline, and opportunities for skill development and the fostering
Beliefs and Core Values:
- Risk factors in a child or adolescent’s
life can be overcome by the development of protective factors.
- Self-control can be taught and youth can learn to mediate
and manage their behavior.
- The development of skills and competencies promotes
self-confidence, self-worth, and realistic hopes for the future.
- Supportive relationships are crucial to the success
of at-risk youth and services at Campbell Lodge are offered in a manner
conducive to promoting social support networks.
- The family is viewed as an integral part of a resident’s
life (ecology), and treatment is provided within an ecological framework
that is similar to the environment the resident will move toward.
- The achievement of educational goals and the ongoing
development of academic skills are targeted as critical for building
a foundation for future academic, vocational and employment success.